Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Frustration

So I have a little venting to do -

Birthdays. More specifically, Birthday Parties.

My kids have spring birthdays so we are in full swing of birthday season. I am happy to report that we are surviving with one more birthday of our own to go, but my problem is all the parties we are invited to. Jayci is just now getting to the age that her friends are all having parties and of course we have church friends that invite us too.

I never mind going but we CANNOT afford to give people the kind of presents we are receiving from people. Make sense? I would LOVE it if our party guests would limit the amount they spend on my kids but I'm not sure how to say this in an invitation, etc.

Then I feel cheap because we show up with a small, inexpensive gift among MANY pricey presents. I know that is my issue and I shouldn't feel like I have to measure up to someone else's standard. Yet, I do. I set a price limit for myself but even that cannot last for 3 kids' friends over the years. I try to buy on clearance too but can't afford to buy a years worth of gifts even on clearance.

I want to bring inexpensive gifts but not CHEAP ones. Make sense?

Any suggestions???

2 comments:

The Walkers said...

Crafty, personalized and unique is PRICELESS no matter how much you spend. Luckily, you are gifted in this area....

Reckless said...

Dollar store sand buckets filled with inexpensive things like sidewalk chalk, bubbles, etc... Personalize with child's name. Bucket is gift and wrapping! Or a special day at your home to make cookies or do a craft with your child. My kids always love receiving gifts like these.