Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Retail Rant

So, I found a little money (from my birthday stash) and needed a little retail therapy. Little did I know that it would be so difficult to buy some sanity! First of all . . .

JoAnn's
Coupon craze week is a sham!!! I am probably not the first to say this but there is absolutely no point in printing all those coupons. They print a million! (I got 3 sets between my mail, visiting the store the week before, and the newspaper.) You only get to use them if you are buying an item that's not on sale and everything is on sale. That doesn't sound like a bad thing right? BUT, the coupons are mostly for 40% off (of a non-sale item) but most of the store is marked 20% - 30% off. What a load of it!! It would be better to go in with 3 - 40% off coupons on any given week and get the best discount. UGH!

Target
Did anyone else notice the new jeans styles they have??? The prices are really good but it is a little confusing on which style and fit I wanted. I mean, they have 6 different hip-styles: relaxed/curvy, how far below the waist they sit, etc. However you can't get any style in any size. Some sizes are juniors, some women's. To add confusion to chaos, there are different leg-styles too: boot cut/straight/skinny. You can get all these leg-styles in the 6 different fits. WHEW! SO if you're looking for a good pair of inexpensive jeans, Target is a good place (I bought 2 pair) but don't take anyone (husband, children, friends) that cannot be patient enough to wait for you to try on like 60 pairs of jeans . . . .They probably need to be willing to do some leg work too . . . .

Wal-Mart
Now, this complaint is not only for our dear friends at Wally-World but this is where I experienced this phenomenon. How cool is it for the clothing industry to have JUNIORS sizes and WOMENS sizes . . . What is up with that?? So a SMALL is not a SMALL in every department of the store. I usually wear a small in the Womens section but needed a LARGE in the Juniors! Now come on . . . why the discrepancy?? I see the need to go up or down a little, based on designers, but really? In the same store??

I just needed a venue to vent a little. I'm sure you can understand. And yes, I did find some good stuff!

1 comment:

Abby said...

To go with the wal-mart rant: I have three pairs of pants (dress pants, capris & jeans) from NY & Co. One is a size SMALL, one is a size 10, and another is a size 8. All fit me before I got pregnant and will fit me again. But 3 different sizes in the same store?!