Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quinoa, part 2

I just bought the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef and I'm thinking it is going to change my life. The wonderful Chef that sold me the thing gave a cookbook away with purchase . . . . WOO HOO!!! Honestly, I don't think I would have bought it without the cookbook. It's not full of those recipes that only use PC products. Its actually really useful. (And yes, I checked it out before I bought the baker.)

Here is the quinoa recipe she has in there. You'll have to make adjustments if you don't have the baker but you awesome cooks can handle it.

Quinoa Corn Casserole
4 c Quinoa* cooked
2 bags of frozen corn
3 eggs
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar blended cheese
1 green pepper, diced (opt)

Mix all ingredients together in Deep Covered Baker. Microwave for 5 minutes, stir, then microwave for an additional 10 minutes.

Note from the cookbook: *Quinoa is a grain. It looks just a bit smaller than couscous. It's very easy to fix, is a complete protein and tastes great with a variety of foods. You have to cook it before adding to another recipe. 1 cup Quinoa to 2 cups water. Boil. It take about 30 minutes. There's a fine ring around the grain that comes off, don't worry about it.

No comments: