Saturday, April 23, 2011

He is Risen!

Today is Easter Sunday!! I am reminded of the most amazing sacrifice I'll ever know - that of Jesus' death and resurrection. It brings me life, hope, joy, and all because he loved me enough to give me his life. Thank you Jesus!!

To give my kids a visual of the empty tomb and the surprise Mary and Martha might have felt, we made resurrection rolls. Just dip a marshmallow in melted butter and then roll it in a cinnamon/sugar mixture. (This represents the anointing of Jesus' body. Older kids will be able to understand the symbolism.) Wrap it in a crescent roll (seal it too) and bake according to the directions on the crescent roll package. (Tip: wrap it well!!!) Let them cool and open them up. Maybe you'll be surprised too!

Our empty tombs . . . .

These are my guards outside Jesus' tomb. They are making sure no one steals Jesus' body.
(I was the angel, of course.)

No comments: