Ok, so last night was our hospital tour of where the baby will be born. However, I would not consider 1/2 of what we talked about "tour" worthy. I felt like I was in a room full of new mommies that needed to know everything about what to pack and when to get to the hospital, etc. Now, I believe those things are important FOR 1ST TIMERS. They actually have a class for them specifically. They also have a refresher course for those that will have to deliver naturally. As for me and my scheduled C-section . . . I just wanted to see the entrance (as everything is under construction) and the rooms. Of course you have to ask special questions if you are C-section patient b/c they think everyone gives birth the other way.
I'm already frustrated that the new maternity wing of the oldest hospital on the planet won't be open as expected. Also, the Sonic we were supposed to get . . . . haven't seen any piece of it or hint of ground breaking. I know the last month of pregnancy is all about hormones and frustration but seriously. . . . I am just plain mad that all these things i thought would be will in fact NOT be and I'm stuck - fat and miserable - to deal with unmet expectations.
Just to add insult to injury . . . we were informed that the nurses don't like to keep the babies in the nursery at night so they stay in the rooms with mom. It was also suggested that if you want to take a shower or pee and no one is there with you, you should roll the baby into the bathroom with you. WHAT??! Isn't that what nurses are there for??? All i have to say is they better clear the private rooms for this big-mouth Texan. Can you imagine sharing a room (Dad's can't stay overnight in semi-private rooms) with someone else and her screaming baby too?????
This may truly be the experience of a lifetime. I'll keep you posted.
2 comments:
Eewww! I totally understand--except for the part about rolling the baby in with you while you use the bathroom! No way!!!!
I will have to tell you my hospital bed experience with Kate sometime--oldest bed (must have been an antique)!
We were also told the same thing about the husbands not staying in the rooms if there was another person in there with you, but thankfully the wing was not full that night and Corey got to actually sleep in the extra bed. I will pray that will be what happens with you!
As for your Sonic...I am completely disappointed for you! I thought it had already arrived. There is nothing like a pregnant woman with a craving left unfulfilled! I will pray there will be unexpected "fun" surprises coming your way soon! Love you!
I am so sorry!! They really don't have the southern hospitality that is Texas. Ask how long you have to stay and ask the doc to write an order for more friendly nurses:)I am so sorry. You can buy a shaved ice machine and make your own slushes but after that I can't help. Maybe you could have your parents send some Sonic burgers packed in dry ice over-nighted of course. We will be praying for you. WHen is the blessed day. Love, Molly
Post a Comment