Monday, April 20, 2009

Awesome Book

If you're looking for a great book to read, check out Looking for God by Nancy Ortberg. It is great for those of us who have been believers a long time but have somehow forgotten some of the easiest ways to connect with God. The chapter titled, "Quiet Time" is worth the price of the book alone. My favorite part is where she claims that the mother toddlers cannot possibly have a "quiet time" in any way shape or form. I AGREE!!
I think it's also great for new (or fresh) believers to find significant ways to know God intimately.
I have really enjoyed it and now I'm working on 2, Taking Care of the "Me" in Mommy and I Once Was Lost. I'll let you know all about them when I'm finished . . . .

2 comments:

3BoyMom said...

Thanks, Sharon...I'll check it out!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I am going to take a look at it!