Sunday, April 12, 2009

WWKW . . .

WWKW? Well, that means "What Would Kim Wear". Kim is my good friend and mentor from TX and I curse her every Friday and Saturday (and Sunday afternoon for that matter). When we lived in TX, Kim's clothing habits wore off on me. She helped me see that work out attire is for the gym, NEVER show a panty line, and it's better to be over dressed than under dressed. I curse her because every time I want to just be sloppy and grunge out, I see her looking in the mirror back at me. It sounds like she's standing there shaking her finger but Kim's not like that. The problem is that her voice has turned into my voice. Kim never told me anything . . . I just picked it up from her. (I have to admit, she's done more for my wardrobe habits than Staci and Clinton but I still watch them habitually.)
This Friday I went to lunch with a friend in the area. She is not a stay at home mom. She works from her house and has an amazing sense of style. I do not . . . and it showed. It was a rainy day around here and I didn't feel like dressing up. Plus, I'm still in the battle of "to maternity or not to maternity - that is the question." I wore regular jeans that are totally unflattering but not maternity and a long sleeve t-shirt with tennis shoes. I looked like a stay-at-home mom. I gave us a bad name on Friday. My friend looked stunning, yet casual. I was depressed. I imagine everyone that passed us thought, "What in the world is that beautiful woman eating lunch with that sad soul." The funny thing is I actually had the WWKW moment that morning and ignored the little voice in my head saying, "NO! Don't leave the house looking like that!!!" Oh, well. I leaned from that. That specific t-shirt is going in the trash and the jean are too when I fit in my other regular jeans.
Thanks, Kim. I promise to heed the warning next time!

No comments: