Friday, August 21, 2009

Yoga & Jesus

Some people will automatically be suspicious with the title of this blog but I have found a unique connection in Yoga to my walk with Jesus.

As I was in Yoga last week trying not to fall on my rear, I listened to the instructor, "focus on your practice", "listen to your body", "don't worry if someone else can do this pose deeper/better", "no judgement" . . . .

I really began hearing God remind me of my personal walk with Him . . . . "focus on your relationship with me not to others' relationship", "let other people walk their path as you walk yours", etc.

I realized how much I've been focused on everyone else's relationship with Christ and neglected my own. I remembered that when I focus on Jesus, I don't seem to think about what others are/are not doing. I can stretch deeper in my walk by keeping my focus on me.

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Good reminder! Thanks Sharon