Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pampered Chef Party

So last night I had a Pampered Chef party. It was so much fun!!! I love getting together with my friends (old & new) to eat and talk about food. I totally meant to take pictures but I completely forgot. So I thought I would give the recipe to you all:

Mexican Layered "Lasagna"
1/4 c lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 med onion, about 2/3 c chopped
28 oz enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas
3 c diced chicken

Microwave cream cheese on HIGH for 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro & 1 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese; mix well. Spread 2/3 cup of the enchilada sauce over bottom of deep dish covered baker. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into a mixing bowl; set aside.

To assemble lasagna, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce in mixing bowl and arrange over sauce in baker, overlapping as necessary. Scoop half of the cream cheese mixture over tortillas; spread. Top with 1 cup of the chicken and 1/3 of the onion. Repeat layers one time. Dip remaining four tortillas into sauce and arrange over second layer. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.

Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes.

*You might want to saute' the onions if you don't like any crunch.

For dessert I made Sopapilla Cheesecake:
2 cans Crescent rolls
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 stick melted butter
1/2 c cinnamon sugar

Grease 9x13 pan. Spread one can Crescent rolls in bottom. Whip together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and spread over Crescent rolls. Top with second can of Crescent rolls. Pour melted butter over top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until brown on top. Cool slightly until set and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.

ENJOY!!!

No comments: