Saturday, February 5, 2011

Care Bear Party!!

Today we celebrated my little one's 2nd birthday with some of her friends and their families. It was a Care Bear party because it is her nickname. I have been planning and thinking about this party since Christmas! Although not enough to actually order anything online so everything was what we could find.

Invitations: I looked everywhere for Care Bear invitations but to no avail. I made my own on my new computer: just copied/pasted a graphic from an online source and even downloaded the Care Bear font! Fun!

Cake: I got this idea from a Semi-Homemade magazine and from this site. (She has some great cake building tips too.) I altered it on the exterior with marshmallows (lg & sm) to mimic clouds. (The Care Bears on top were mine as a child.)
Other yummies:
Rainbow fruit platter - 1 fruit for every color of the rainbow: strawberries, oranges, pineapple, green apples, blueberries, and grapes. I wanted to make a rainbow with marshmallows on the ends like a pretty little rainbow, but I didn't have a platter big enough. I decided this would work just as well.

Teddy Grahams - mixed with marshmallows in the bowls and scattered on the cloud like cotton

Skittles Candy Bar - I separated a bag of candy and let kids put whichever colors they liked into colorful silicone cupcake wrappers.

Decorations:
My sweet hubby blew up 50-something white balloons and we created cumulus craziness in our living room. Of course, we had helium balloons, and crepe paper to make it look like a party instead of a house.

Game:
We played "Cloud Pick Up": the kids (in 2 different age groups) gathered cotton balls that were hidden under the white balloons. Even our 1 year old guests played. There were no winners just a celebration when all the "clouds" were picked up.

Favors:
Each guest took home a cello bag filled with their very own piece of a cloud (poly-fill), bubbles, and play dough. I tied one of the balloons on each bag.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It was so fun! The cake was amazing! D had a blast!