Wednesday, September 3, 2008

. . . the darndest things . . .

You know we all have those hillarious things our kids say and do. Well, here's a couple from our 2 comedians:

On Monday at the grocery store Jayci had an accident. Since Cade's had a little issue with that lately, I was concerned Jayci had caught the bug too. Off we raced to the bathroom! Well, if you could have been a fly on the wall in there!!! I had to get Cade out of the cart since you aren't supposed to take those things in there. (Don't worry. Since then I've decided that rule is meant to be broken.) So here I am - one kid, poop all over herself, and the other, paci in mouth freely walking around in the handicap stall. Ok, we start shredding Jayci's clothes, shoes, etc. and put her on the potty. But before I can get that done I hear her say, "No, Cade. Mommy look what Cade did." He has put her shoes in the potty! EW! Then I realize someone's going to have to reach in there and get them out . . . yes, that's the Mommy's job. EW! EW! It was a crazy 20 minutes in the bathroom but all's well that ends. I washed J's shoes in the sink (She refused to wear them until I did) and we finished our shopping. I guess I can laugh about it someday but I'm still grossed out!

And then . . . .Yesterday, Jayci was playing with some toys and something wasn't working out like she wanted it to. She said, "Why am I having such a hard time with everything today??" It sounded so familiar that it scared me but I did take time to laugh and write it down. She is growing up too fast!!!

4 comments:

3BoyMom said...

EW!!! Sometimes you just have to laugh...:) Love you!

3 Girl Mommy said...

We've had some of those awful public potty episodes as well. One time a lady in the stall next to us had the nerve to laugh. REALLY?!?! At the time, it wasn't real humorous to me, but like you said, "one day" we can laugh about it!! :)

Anonymous said...

I can definitely empathize with that story. We recently had quite a mess on our hands. It is hard to believe that so much potency can pour out of something so small and sweet!

Anonymous said...

I was lucky. Joel worked nights and kept the kids in the daytime while I shopped.....unless we all went. EW! that will be a funny memory...someday.