I have never done this before. Not only that, but I made fun of people that did. Now, I realize what an adrenaline rush it is, I may have to do it every year. Definitely when the kids are older and want all the pricey things. It's the best way to save $$$$!!!
Of course, I had no gas in the car so that delayed my shopping (well, my standing in line for the doors to open) by 10 minutes. But I did fill the tank. I had to remind myself that it was just "stuff" and filling the tank would be better in the long run than just getting $10. What's 2 minutes? Now, there were only 2 Cricuts after I got mine so it could have really cost me, but I tried to keep some of my whits about me.
Here's what I got:
Cricut -$99, that's 1/2 price for you non-scrapbookers
4 cricut cartridges - less than 1/2 price
Gilmore Girls Season 7 - I've never seen an episode from this season so I'm thrilled!!! slumber party!
Dual screen DVD for the car - ours broke and was out of warranty, of course.
Plus Christmas presents I cannot disclose at this time
I got everything on my list and I'm afraid it has only made me more hungry for next year. We might have to get a sitter so we can make more stops next year. Matt went to Sears when I got home but I think we could definitely tag-team next year and make a killing!!!
I now know I'm a suburban stay-at-home-mom. I am exhilarated with Black Friday!!! It's somewhat embarrassing that it's 2 1/2 hrs later and I'm still high. This has to be better than crack!!
5 comments:
Wow! Black Friday is my favorite shopping day of the year! Matthew already knows he's in charge of Mitchell that day. I got some great gifts this year because I was able to stretch that dollar! And a Cricut for $99?? I'm so jealous!
Welcome to the crazies! My mom had me doing this as a child and it is in my blood. I definitely missed it this year. Congratulations on your finds!
I was at Kohl's at 4 AM!!!! I didn't make nearly as many purchases as you, but I got the three items I wanted and then was back home in bed about 4:30. Jeff had to leave for work by 6:45 so I couldn't make a big morning of it, but it is definately a thrill!!
Where was the discounted Cricut. I want one of those badly. May have to wait till next year. I was there too but just 2 hrs earlier than you Texas time! Miss ya! Molly
Got your Christmas card. What a great picture. Miss you! Hope your Christmas was special. Did you have family come in?
Post a Comment